Sunday, June 28, 2009

Countdown

Friday.

2:30pm.

And just like that, the countdown begins.

5 more days until I begin this great adventure.. I still have to figure out what comes with me, what gets shipped ahead, and what will be backfilled as needed. I'm stressed not because I am not in control of the situation, but in my inability to execute based on the need to both find things I need (like cheap cargo khakis - and I don't have the scratch to drop $50 a pair at the army-navy stores right now) and knowing how much will fit into each "category". I have been told to take a backpack with me -- that's it -- so I have to pack enough to last me until my shipping trunks arrive. I should get my trunks today, so tonight will be Packing Nightmare, Act I.

My Dad and Stepmother were here for a few days. It was good to see them, and even better to watch them play with the kids. I have a 4-hour layover in JFK, so I will get a chance to see the rest of the NY family before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment